Orleans Town Hall
J.K. Scanlan Company, Inc. began construction on the Orleans Town Hall in 2006 by demolishing the addition that was built in the 1950’s and building a new wing to match the original town hall that was built in 1923. The new addition and renovation aided in bringing the new town hall up to meet current building code standards. A massive records storage vault – which remained on the premises during construction – was relocated within the finished buildings as part of the project. The overall scope of the project included partial demolition of existing building, steel and wood framing, exterior cement board siding, sloped shingle roof and site development to add more town hall parking and protect an adjacent wetland. The project was complete in January 2007.
Architect: DiMarinisi & Wolfe, Architects
Owner: Town of Orelans
Location: Orleans, MA