The Vineyard Golf Clubhouse
The newest private golf course on Martha’s Vineyard is discreetly nestled within a 235 acre compound. Understated elegance and the finest craftsmanship define the 3 story, 25,000 sq ft Vineyard Golf Clubhouse.
The challenge for The JK Scanlan team was three-fold: an accelerated construction schedule, on an island, in a hard-to-reach and undeveloped location. The project had to be completed by Memorial Day. Add to that the complication inherent with any construction on Martha’s Vineyard – namely the sophisticated coordination of product delivery and manpower via the limited off-season ferry schedule. The way our team handled these hurdles even exceeded the client’s expectations.
The wraparound veranda welcomes the members. From the dramatic two-story entryway, with its curved 2nd floor balcony, to the custom, wide-plank hickory flooring, every detail and finish is top-of-the-line, requiring the highest quality construction and skill.
- Project details include:
- Decorative finish work on cedar shingles on all side walls
- Traditional red cedar shake roof
- Natural birch paneling in the two-story entryway that opens up to a curved 2nd floor balcony
- Custom hand-scraped and hand-beveled hickory flooring
- Three fireplaces and built-in cabinetry in the library and dinning rooms
- Plantation-style louver doors
- Compete men’s & women’s locker rooms
- Full kitchen facilities and a dining room with seating for 75
- Major golf course infrastructure and utility installation
- Plus several out buildings:
- Pump house
- Turf Maintenance Facility and numerous satellite sheds
- Staff housing units and dormitories
Architect: Aesthete, Edgartown, Massachusetts
Owner: Marthas Vineyard Golf Partners LLC
Location: Edgartown, MA