The Assistant Superintendent position can be very diverse. Depending on the project size and challenges the Assistant Superintendent may be responsible for various scopes of work. These scopes of work range from foundation, structure and facade thru MEP to interior rough and finish.
- Understanding and implementing the field S.O.P. guidelines and programs in our daily activities
- Assist in managing and documenting all day-to-day job site activities including OSHA safety compliance.
- Direct field personnel according to the project plan and/or the direction of the Superintendent and PM
- Communicate issues, events, performance and job progress daily to the Superintendent
- Report problems promptly to the Superintendent to facilitate the most cost-effective solutions.
- Establish effective working relationships with clients and internally & externally
- Request advice and assistance from the Superintendent on matters pertaining to materials, sequencing, scheduling and personnel.
- Project Start-Up/Turnover Meeting
- Identify pre-mobilization activities in conjunction with the Project Superintendent.
- Review start-up schedule with superintendent and understand your responsibilities.
- Work with the superintendent to Update Project Schedule monthly.
- Provide input to the three-week look ahead updates
- Track/Log subcontractors participation in a safety pre-construction meeting prior to starting work on the project.
- Track/log that all subcontractors have a full set of MSDS sheets on the project
- Track/Log subcontractor site specific safety plan
- Track/Log current insurance certificate prior to allowing any sub to start work on the project.
- Review the project daily to insure that all activities are being performed in accordance with all OSHA regulations and the project site specific safety plan.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility
- Quality Management
- Become familiar with Quality Management Project and assist Team with implementation.
- Sub-Contractor and Site Management throughout the Project
- Help to mobilize the field office and maintain the job site to Company standards.
- Organize all project documentation at the job site for easy access and review according to company standards
- Manage subcontractor performance to quality and ethical standards.
- Work with Superintendent to identify and resolve manpower issues and construction changes/issues
- Meeting Attendance:
- Attend project turnover, mobilization and project coordination meetings when available
- Attend safety pre-construction meetings.
- Attend weekly foreman, and safety meetings.
- Attend monthly schedule review meetings.
- Administrative Management
- Complete daily reports and maintains logs of key activities, files and shop drawings. Send to PA on a weekly basis.
- Continually take job photos to document progress of the project. Send to the PA on a weekly basis.
- Inventory the quality and condition of all material deliveries.
- Maintain required safety reporting and all other required files to Company standards.
- Insure that as-built working drawings are maintained as well as the current drawing log and revision log, communicating this to the subcontractors.
- Candidate must possess core values: Honesty, integrity, and family values
- Excellent team development skills and leadership abilities.
- Strong ability to partner with the Superintendent and his staff.
- Committed to excellence.
- Self-motivated and self-confident.
- Must possess effective communication skills.
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight.
- Able to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Dellbrook | JKS business needs and organizational issues while maintaining excellent customer relations.
- Must develop business judgment to negotiate the critical balance between budget and construction processes.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the many details necessary for successful construction.
- Must have judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
- Excellent management skills to effectively manage subcontractor performance to high quality.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative, and the ability to quickly study and react to complex issues, and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner.
- Know the client's goal and needs and meet or exceed those at all times
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to take action confidently and decisively.
To submit your candidacy for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org