Mashpee Commons Retail Marketplace / Residential Spaces
For over a decade, the JK Scanlan Team has been providing construction management services on new construction and renovations for Mashpee Commons, which spans both sides of a main thoroughfare on Cape Cod. Today, Mashpee Commons is famous for its delightful open-air shopping experience.
Designed to simulate a prosperous town center, this outdoor “downtown” shopping complex has wide sidewalks inlayed with brick and stone that lead to some of the nation’s finest retailers. Decorative architectural elements include an inviting mixture of brick, stone and clapboard exteriors. Ornamental windows and impressive cornices further enhance these well-designed stores.
Most buildings devote the ground floor to retail space with the second floor housing professional offices or apartments. The non-retail requirements often were quite specific such as providing all the mechanical structures for a Dialysis Unit.
This is a partial listing of tenants:
- Building #16/Pottery Barn — 50,000 SF – 3 story building with high end apartment units on the 2nd & 3rd floors.
- Building #17/Anne Taylor — 24,000 SF – 2 story building with stone veneer. The 2nd floor contains a Dentist office suite as well as other professional space.
- Building #3/4 — This 2 story building included construction of shell space on the first floor as well as professional offices and medical space on the second floor. The fit-out of Fresenius Medical Center’s dialysis unit on the second floor required extensive mechanical and electric systems.
- Gap — 20,000 SF – 2 story building. This site, which sits adjacent to the main entrance to Mashpee Commons, required an extensive soil retaining system in order to maintain access on the main road leading into Mashpee Commons. Another noteworthy feature is its Barrel Vaulted Metal Roof.
- CVS — 10,000 SF single story building with brick facade with natural & pre-cast stone detailing.
- Williams Sonoma — This difficult project included a complete transformation of the store from a common area and several smaller stores into one large retail space.
- Building #11/Talbot’s & Banana Republic — This 2 story building included retail space on the ground floor along with 13 apartments on the second floor.
To date, our firm has completed over $15.5M renovations and new construction for commercial and residential spaces at Mashpee Commons Marketplace.
Their website, www.mashpeecommons.com, offers the full scope of this commercial venture.
Architect: IMAI/Keller Moore, Inc.
Owner: Mashpee Commons, Ltd.
Location: Mashpee, MA
Value: $15,5M to Date